Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Monkeys on are on the needle

Just started my Monkey socks last night. They are turning out great. I had a big project to finish up. I knit a prayer shaw for my niece for her confirmation which was Sunday. I was her sponsor. She loved it. I didn't really like knitting with the yarn, it was mohair, but it turned out beautiful. I am taking a class on how to do two socks at one time with Magic Loop. It takes a little more thought, but you end up with two socks at once. I am to have the knitted to the heel by Saturday morning. I will keep trugging along. I am using Bear Mountain yarn and it is so soft and a beautiful color. I am also trying to finish a pair of anklet socks for my daughter, they have been promised forever and always get put to the side. I don't think I have enough yarn, but my dear knitting pal Jan, thanks she has the same yarn. It is Sockotta in purples and blacks. So she is going to give me the tiny bit I need to finish... ah friends. So that's my goings on currently. I have some other projects on the needles that will get attention after this Monkey Swap, mainly because it is going to be Christmas soon and I have some projects to finish and start, mostly socks, but a couple of scarves and mittens. Talk at you later...

No comments: