Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's a free knitting day!!

that's what I call a cancelled day of school because of snow!! My radio went off at 5am and by 5:20 our school system was cancelled. I turned off the radio and rolled over and went back to sleep. Now after a load of dishes and laundry ( just to relieve a little guilt that my husband had to work today),I am drinking some wonderful coffee from Ralph Schwartz and knitting on my cabled beaded hat. The pattern is from Cabin fever and I just love it. Should finish it today and get started on the mittens. I know, I know, but winter is almost over. I'll get what use out of them I can this year and wear next year... All of my children are home. Troy is 19, Elsa is 13, and Adam is 11. We gave up TV for Lent. guess what, they don't know what to do with themselves... I hear a lot of ruckus in the family room. I guess TV is the ultimate babysitter. I's so funny two people called to tell me that Martha Stewart was all about knitting on her show today.. I can't watch it!! I will have to help my childen with projects to fill up their time today. They always love those suggestions, you know the ones, clean your room, shovel the walkway, clean the bathroom? I think we may have to play some games this afternoon. Apples to Apples always goes over well. The best news? I heard from my swap partner and she has me all bubbly inside. gotta love those swap partners that want to spoil you!! It's hard to believe that we making packages for Spring when I am sitting in a snow storm... Keep warm and keep knitting.

1 comment:

JL said...

I too almost called you about Martha Stewart.! Glad I remembered the lent thing. If your kids get tired of your suggestions- they cam come to my house and hear mine. Ralph