Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Most memorable vacation

Wow, this is harder than I thought. It's hard for me to pick. I didn't realize that I had had so many vacations to enjoy. After much thought, I will have to say that going back to see my grandparents in France when I was 12 was probably something I will always remember. Mainly because I hadn't seen them since I was 4 and didn't really remember them. We stayed for a month and it was very, very hard to leave. It was also very, very hard at first to communicate with our family as they didn't speak English and I didn't speak French. But love is communicated in many many ways. We did go back every 4 years after that, but I think that initial vacation held the most memories. Plus we went to Paris and that is always memborable.
I saw the coolest thing this weekend. We were watching the ice skating contests and my husband yelled out. "look at the woman knitting in the crowd" Of course I had to look up from my knitting to see her, but there she was. She was not looking at her knitting and going so fast. We were amazed. My husband states, " you don't knit that fast and without looking'. Dah, that's why I watch ice skating at home, where no one sees me. So we were more interested in trying to see this lady knitting instead of the ice skaters. Go figure. Score one for knitters everywhere!!!

No comments: