Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cocoa Swap Questionnarie

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink hot cocoa? Prepared with milk or water? Home recipe or store bought? In a teacup or a big mug?
I love to drink hot cocoa with my children when they have come in from playing in the snow. Their cheeks are all red and I know this is a special memory for me and them. I am not picky about hot cocoa, I like it any way. However, I tend to make it with a little more cocoa then recommended. I like it chocolately. Of course in a big steamy mug.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? I am a marshmallow girl (in more ways than one). I like whipped cream, but never really have it on hand to use.

Yarn/Knitting/Crocheting?
1. Favorite type of yarn? Right now I am a sock yarn fanatic. I love knitting socks. I tend to like the superwash but will try anything.

2.Do you knit or crochet? I only knit

3. What is your favorite type of needles? Right now I am into circulars for magic loop for making socks. I am a loose knitter and tend to use only size 1 or 0. I do love my bamboo DPNs also.
*Would you like to try something new? Of course

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions? Not many stitch markers or needle case especially for my circular needles.

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit? Probably a needle case for my circular needles, they are escaping at an alarming rate..

6. What is your favorite quick knit pattern? Either socks or dishcloths, I really like to do dishcloths for a no-brainer kind of night.

Miscellaneous
1.What is your favorite thing to do in winter? I am a school nurse and my favorite thing is a snow day, where I sleep in under my toasty flanner comforter, Then get up and make coffee and look outside at the weather. My kids are usually home also and we bake or make something fun for supper. Just knowing that I am warm and safe and don't have to go anywhere.

2. What is your favorite animal? We have a cat and we love her... she is a bit spoiled. I also love to feed the birds and we have a pair of cardinals that live in our pine tree and a woodpecker who loves suet. They bring me joy to watch.

3. Do you get the winter blahs? Only if we have a really long season with no sun. I am always ready for Spring.

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs.. Oh, going to the local yarn store or even a road trip to a new yarn store.

5. What are the things you most look forward to in the spring? Opening our summer cottage at Pretty lake. It just is awesome to start going back there.

6.What are your favorite treats? Chocolate is one of my favorites. I like peppermint lifesavers and sugar free gum..

7. What is your favorite board game? Sequence, we learned it about 4 years ago and it is always the first to come out.

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)? I have a 19 yo son who lives at home and goes to college in our town, a daughter who is 13 and a son who is 11. We have a cat named Peekachoo

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations? Nope, nadda. not a one..

No comments: