Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring Breakitis

Wow, I have been MIA... Had Spring Break last week and although I promised myself to just not do anything. It was very busy. Part of the reason is that it was also my birthday and there was lots of lunches/dinners with family and friends. My youngest had a sleepover for his birhtday also during the week. The highlight of my trip was going to Lansing, MI to visit a store called Threadbare Yarns. It was WONDERFUL. One of my friends and I did a day trip and spent over 2 hours at the store. If you can go there.. do. It's fantastic. I asked for moolah for my birthday so that I could not feel so bad about blowing a wad of money there. They were also having their Spring sale at the same time. I have to remember to do more yarn store road trips. This last weekend was gorgeous so we headed up to the cottage and put in the peir, raked the yarn and planted grass seed. We also found out we burst a water pipe when my husband tried to turn the water back on. So that is next week's project. On the knitting front, I finished my Claudias and started my January Socks that Rock project. I did not do the pattern sent with them. I am doing the RPM pattern from Knitty. They are turning out great. I really like them. Also started a prayer shawl for my daughter's confirmation on May 2nd. That needs to become my priority that is for sure. It's gorgeous out today also...

No comments: